Follow us on Twitter Follow @HORIZONS_MSRG
Tweets by HORIZONS_MSRG
- A new report from the MSRG team, the ENABLE study highlights the impact of living with treatable but not curable cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic (https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2020/11/cancer-care.page). Click here for the full report and infographic.
- Does quality of life return to pre-treatment levels five years after curative intent surgery for colorectal cancer? Evidence from the ColoREctal Wellbeing (CREW) study. Wheelwright, S., Permyakova, N., Calman, L., Din, A., Fenlon, D., Richardson, A., Sodergren, S., Smith, P., Winter, J., Foster C., (2020)
- Journal of Cancer Survivorship; Supportive Care Needs Paper
- Developing a digital intervention for cancer survivors: An evidence, theory and person-based approach. Bradbury, K., Steele, M., Corbett, T., Geraghty, A., Krusche, A., Heber, E.D., Easton, S., Cheetham-Blake, T., Slodkowska-Barabasz, T., Muller, J., Matthias, A.M., Wilde, L.J., Smith, K., Payne, L., Singh, K., Bacon, R., Burford, T., Summers, K., Turner, L., Richardson, A., Watson, E., Winter, J., Corner, J., Foster, C., Little, P., Yardley, L. (2019).
- HORIZONS Protocol Paper a UK prospective cohort study to explore recovery of health and well-being in adults diagnosed with cancer. Foster, C., Calman, L., Richardson, A., May, C.R., Rogers, A.E., Smith, P.W.F. (2019).
- Follow-up care after treatment for prostate cancer: evaluation of a supported self-management and remote surveillance programme. Frankland, J., Brodie, H., Cooke, D., Foster, C., Foster, R., Gage, H., Jordan, J., Mesa-Eguiagaray, I., Pickering, R., Richardson, A. (2019).
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of maintenance of physical activity behaviour change in cancer survivors. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. Grimmett, C., Corbett, T., Brunet, J., Shepherd, J., Pinto, B. M., May, C. R., Foster, C. (2019).
- Renewed: Protocol for a randomised controlled trial of a digital intervention to support quality of life in cancer survivors. Krusche, A., Bradbury, K., Corbett, T., Barnett, J., Stuart, B., Yao, G., Bacon, R., Böhning, D., Cheetham-Blake, T., Eccles, D., Foster, C., Geraghty, A.W.A., Leydon, G., Müller, A., Neal, R.D., Osborne, R., Rathod, S., Richardson, A., Sharman, G., Summers, K., Watson, E., Wilde, L., Wilkinson, C., Yardley, L, Little, P. (2019).
- Implementation of self-management support in cancer care and normalization into routine practice: a systematic scoping literature review protocol. BMC Systematic Reviews. Howell, D., Richardson, A., May, C., Calman, L., Fazelzad, R., Moradian, S., Foster, C. (2019)
- Professor Claire Foster was a keynote speaker at the 16th Annual Psychology, Health & Medicine Conference, which took place at Maynooth University, Dublin on Friday 22nd March 2019.
- Dr Chloe Grimmett attended The International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA) Conference in Prague on 4-7 June 2019.
- Professor Claire Foster and Dr Rebecca Foster attended and gave presentations at International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) Congress of Psycho-Oncology and Psychosocial Academy 23rd - 26th September in Banff, Canada.
- Professor Claire Foster was a keynote speaker at the 5th Psycho-Oncology Conference, which took place at in Melbourne, Australia on Friday 8th November 2019.
- Members of the MSRG presented at the 2018 BPOS Annual Conference, 8th to 9th March, Southampton, UK
- Professor Claire Foster and Dr Joshua Turner attended and gave presentations at International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) Congress of Psycho-Oncology and Psychosocial Academy 29th October to 2nd November in Hong Kong.
- Members of the MSRG presented at the 2017 BPOS Annual Conference, 16th to 17th March, Oxford, UK
- Our Director, Professor Claire Foster, spoke about the challenges of surviving cancer at the Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh Medical Trainees Conference on 3rd February 2017, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Members of the MSRG presented at the following conferences:
- European Oncology Nursing Society 10, 17th to 18th October, Dublin. Professor Claire Foster gave an interview on 'Self-efficacy is associated with better recovery'
- 18th International Psycho Oncology Society Congress, 17th to 21st October, Dublin
- World Cancer Congress, 31st October to 3rd November, Paris
- National Cancer Research Institute Conference, 6th to 9th November, Liverpool