About the study
Welcome to the HORIZONS website. This is where you can come to find information and receive any news and updates from the study.
To find out more about the study, please explore the information on these pages using the menu on the left hand side. If you have any queries about the study please see the "Frequently Asked Questions" page.
If you would like to read the full study protocol or would like further information about the study please contact us at HORIZONS@soton.ac.uk.
Thank you for your participation and interest in the study.
About the study:
- This study is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Researchers from the University of Southampton are leading the project and working with local cancer specialist teams.
- We are currently recruiting approximately 3,000 patients over 3 years. We are currently recruiting patients with a diagnosis of either breast cancer who are under 50 years old, gynaecological cancer or non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Recruitment will take place prior to treatment from hospitals across the UK.
Data will be collected using:
- Questionnaires over the course of the HORIZONS Programme; prior to treatment and in the months and years beyond.
- Some participants will be invited to take part in conversations about their experiences.
- Routinely collected medical records data (information) – these will be collected before the patient's treatment begins, then at 6 and 12 month intervals, and then annually by research nurses at participating sites.