Below you can find out news and updates from the HORIZONS study.
Our first three sites opened to recruitment to HORIZONS in August / September 2016; University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Three further sites joined them in November 2016 to recruit to the pilot phase of the HORIZONS study; Surrey and Suffolk Healthcare NHS Trust, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust and Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust.
The HORIZONS Coordinating Centre are now in the process of opening the UK wide sites throughout 2017.
- Members of the MSRG presented at the 2017 BPOS Annual Conference, 16th to 17th March, Oxford, UK
- Our Director, Professor Claire Foster, spoke about the challenges of surviving cancer at the Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh Medical Trainees Conference on 3rd February 2017, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Members of the MSRG presented at the following UK conferences:
- European Oncology Nursing Society 10, 17th to 18th October, Dublin. Professor Claire Foster gave an interview on 'Self-efficacy is associated with better recovery'
- 18th International Psycho Oncology Society Congress, 17th to 21st October, Dublin
- World Cancer Congress, 31st October to 3rd November, Paris
- National Cancer Research Institute Conference, 6th to 9th November, Liverpool